The LORD is near to the brokenhearted and saves the crushed in spirit. Psalm 34:18
There is hope for Christians struggling with their walk with Christ, suffering from internal instability and addictions. By leaning to understand and apply the Biblical principles used by the Holy Spirit in God's recovery program -- total wholeness within can be achieved. The following are Key Biblical Principles in achieving wholeness:
Copyright © 2016 Message of Cross Recovery Ministries all rights reserved
God's Recovery Program - Brief Overview
- Repentance: Turning away from sinful lifestyles and bitter attitudes of heart.
- Turning to Christ Alone: There is no other way to receive God's healing and transfomring grace.
- Making Christ Lord: Giving permission to Christ to effect your life as He chooses, with no regret.
- Obeying all that Christ Teaches: A process of learning, seeking, asking, and obeying and repenting.
- Willingness to Overcome by embracing the following everyday:
Giving up the love of this world and the cares of this life.
Giving up the lust for things and relationships that you don't have.
Giving up craving and indulging in the pleasures of this life that possess and addict.
Giving up pride. self-exaltation, and jealous competition.
Give up blaming God for the evils in that befall us.
Trusting God to deliver, provide, and lead in all that we struggle with, need, and do.
By embracing these Key Biblical Principles the deeper recovery principles in Scripture and the work of the Holy Spirit will become a everyday life experience. Some counseling and support from others may be required to prime the pump, to mentor, train and equip those in God's recovery program.